Germann 1181

Just another Edublogs site

The Bhagavad Gita and Me

September15

Sometimes I feel like Arjuna when I give constructive criticism. It is a necessary part of being a good friend to speak the truth, but sometimes it feels like you are going to war with your friends. It is done out of love though and is an essential part of being a friend. Even if I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news and tell my friends when they are wrong, I would want someone to do the same for me.

I could apply the Bhagavad Gita by being less selfish. Sometimes when completing a task I focus only on how it impacts me. I should change this manner of thinking, and instead, focus on how my actions are helping others. This will allow me to enjoy more of my day to day tasks, and respect others.

In ancient India, the Bhagavad Gita was about being selfless. It was about doing you duty for the happiness of others. In modern American society, we focus on putting our selves first. Americans think about their own happiness, and then the happiness of others. This is the exact opposite of the Bhagavad Gita.

The Bhagavad Gita could be used by rulers as a tool of oppression. They could tell an individual that serving them, or completing a task for them was being selfless. They could also say it was their duty to work for the ruler and use the Bhagavad as proof.

by posted under Uncategorized | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“The Bhagavad Gita and Me”

1. September 23rd, 2017 at 2:05 pm      Reply pjsturtevant Says:

Sometimes I feel like Arjuna when I give constructive criticism. It is a necessary part of being a good friend to speak the truth, INTERESTING!

2. September 23rd, 2017 at 2:06 pm      Reply pjsturtevant Says:

The Bhagavad Gita could be used by rulers as a tool of oppression. They could tell an individual that serving them, or completing a task for them was being selfless. They could also say it was their duty to work for the ruler and use the Bhagavad as proof.

WELL DONE!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar